Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
Anyone else having issues? Half the time it won't tell me what apps can be updated. The other half when it does tell me I don't download them ASAP they vanish and I have no idea again what can be updated.

Any fix for this?

Gomez315

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2010
Anyone else having issues? Half the time it won't tell me what apps can be updated. The other half when it does tell me I don't download them ASAP they vanish and I have no idea again what can be updated.

Any fix for this?

Having this issue on two different devices.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
For me, the App Store icon will have a number badge, then when I open the app store it tells me my apps are up to date. Although I'm on iOS 6.

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
have the same problem. it was working in the previous beta version but not in GM...never got it to work with cellular only wifi...now I have to open the app store and only then it looks for updates and installs....before I didnt have to open the app store manually, it would look for updates and do it automatically under wifi connnection.

Bonestle

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Darwin
Same here guys. It's a little annoying.

I keep checking to see if Apple have finally updated their other apps such as iMovie, iPhoto etc. Really interested to see how these get iOS7-afied.

panar

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
I'm having thr same problem. Updates dissapearing also. It's frustrating.

nsnarayan10

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013
I'm having thr same problem. Updates dissapearing also. It's frustrating.

This is clearly a problem.My app store only shows updates when I open app store and I dont see it updating straight away since it has Auto-update feature.

The other day it did update automatically but I had to open app store and click updates!I m sure the 7xx updates are on their way!

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
Same issue on my mac mini. OSX app store says I have 2 updates but when I click on Software Update... they go away and says I have no updates. Started last night. Maybe Apple put out 2 updates... then pulled them... and the OSX app store update counter is confused.

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Ditto on an iPad mini.

My workaround is to close the App Store app via the new multitasking tray(?) and open it again. That usually works.

DredPirateStorm

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
My iPhone 4 isn't updating apps automatically either. It doesn't even show updates that are available unless you go directly to the app on the store. Very annoying.

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
It's the Store. My wife's PC hasn't had iTunes updated and shows the same issue. I normally select List, iPad etc then deselect Updates and Check for Updates. That tends to clear it.
Now we just wait for it to be fixed

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Why can't Apple get these things sorted out prior to releasing their software? It's so frustrating when a company that is supposed to be so innovative and claims their products "just work", don't. For crying out loud, they still haven't even gotten their map app issue resolved yet. Come on already Apple! Instead of releasing new products, how about using your resources to fix the software in what's already out there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.