PDA

View Full Version : Developers and iOS 7 redesigns.

Krissypantz2828
Sep 24, 2013, 12:27 AM
I had a question. Do developers have to completely change their apps? I have an update for an app that I use everyday. Its the points calculator app. He changed most of it...but some things were left the same. Dumb question maybe but I was just wondering. Also could you make suggestions, and do they usually comply? It's also a paid app, so I'm assuming that makes a little more difference.

navodwickra
Sep 24, 2013, 01:35 AM
I had a question. Do developers have to completely change their apps? I have an update for an app that I use everyday. Its the points calculator app. He changed most of it...but some things were left the same. Dumb question maybe but I was just wondering. Also could you make suggestions, and do they usually comply? It's also a paid app, so I'm assuming that makes a little more difference.

They are not forced to change the layout to fit in iOS 7. As long as the apps are working fine on iOS 7 with out any hiccups apple can't really force them to update the design. APIs are there is they want to put them in to good use.

Of course you can ask the devs to update their apps if you want, specially if you are having paid apps.

Krissypantz2828
Sep 24, 2013, 01:43 AM
They are not forced to change the layout to fit in iOS 7. As long as the apps are working fine on iOS 7 with out any hiccups apple can't really force them to update the design. APIs are there is they want to put them in to good use.

Of course you can ask the devs to update their apps if you want, specially if you are having paid apps.

Ok thanks.