PDA

View Full Version : imessage not syncing between iPhone and ipad

keepingup
Sep 24, 2013, 07:40 AM
I uploaded iOS 7 to my ipad (wifi, no phone service) but not my iphone 4s. I seem to be receiving all my imessages fine on phone but they do not show up on my ipad. They did show up before ios7 on iPad. I've tried adding my gmail address to iPad but it won't accept it. Also my cell # doesn't appear either. Can anyone tell me in PLAIN ENGLISH what my ipad settings should be exactly to fix? Thank you in advance.

stisdal
Sep 24, 2013, 08:00 AM
Verify that your gmail address is listed and checked on your iPhone first. Then you will need to add your gmail address to the iPad. This will prompt a message on your iPhone to verify that this is OK for the iPad. After that your iPhones phone number should appear on your iPad and you can check it as well.

keepingup
Sep 24, 2013, 01:04 PM
when i try to add gmail on iPad i get an error message and once it said gmail was already activated on another device (duh)

----------

just tried you suggestion again. error message says gmail already activated on another device.

keepingup
Sep 25, 2013, 07:16 AM
Got it working last night. New messages now syncing between iphone and ipad nicely. Don't know why it took so long but not complaining. Have to say that Apple expects lay people to be techies. I miss you know who!