Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
If the parallax effect doesn't work on the iPhone 4, how come I've been reading a number of posts from other forums (as well as my cousins' experience), that iPhone 4 users are getting motion sickness from the parallax effect. And because it's not available in Settings, they have no way of turning it off? Is there a workaround to this? Or are they just seeing things, and getting motion sickness from what they don't see? lol Seriously though.

honam1021

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
It's not possible, at least without a jailbreak. Let's see if a hacker will come up with a cydia tweak that enable all eye candies on iPhone 4, just like how hackers enabled wallpaper and multitasking in iOS 4 on iPhone 3G a few years ago.

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK
If the parallax effect doesn't work on the iPhone 4, how come I've been reading a number of posts from other forums (as well as my cousins' experience), that iPhone 4 users are getting motion sickness from the parallax effect. And because it's not available in Settings, they have no way of turning it off? Is there a workaround to this? Or are they just seeing things, and getting motion sickness from what they don't see? lol Seriously though.

I don't think it's Parallax, it might be the zoon in and out animation.

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
I don't think it's Parallax, it might be the zoon in and out animation.

Ahh...perhaps that what it is. Is there a way of turning the zoom off? I don't have an iPhone 4, so don't know what they can and can't see. Thanks.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008

Im guessing it's the placebo effect. Someone reads about the parallax, saying they are experiencing motion sickness and people who aren't really technical suddenly start to think they are having the same sensations even though the iPhone 4 has no capabilities to do the effect.

And I really dont think the zooming is much different than iOS 6...

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
People get motion sickness from looking at a .5 second animation on a 3.5" screen? :eek::confused:

That's what they say. I don't have an iPhone 4, so I can't confirm what they are seeing. I'll have to wait till I visit my cousins to find out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.