PDA

View Full Version : mail and gmail.

sotorious
Sep 24, 2013, 09:56 AM
I cant put push email through apples stock client of mail and when i download, the gmail app, i cant get it to show up in the notifications bar even though its enabled, nore does it make a sound.

Anyone know whats going on?

Stalyn
Sep 24, 2013, 09:59 AM
Mailbox app

sotorious
Sep 24, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mailbox app

hu?

Tyler23
Sep 24, 2013, 10:13 AM
I cant put push email through apples stock client of mail and when i download, the gmail app, i cant get it to show up in the notifications bar even though its enabled, nore does it make a sound.

Anyone know whats going on?

Gmail does not allow push email through Apple's native email app.

Gmail app - you've checked in Settings, Notification Center, Gmail to make sure everything is switched on? Are there separate Settings in the GMail app itself you need to edit?

----------

hu?

Mailbox app

Mailbox is an app that access your Gmail account and allows for push notifications, as well as a bunch of other features, including a "snooze" feature for your emails. You can check it out on the app store as an alternative email client.

Beelzbub
Sep 24, 2013, 10:17 AM
Also too Gmail suffered a major outage yesterday and some of it is still spilling over to today as well, as were still suffering from the outage.

http://bostonherald.com/business/technology/technology_news/2013/09/massive_gmail_outage_finds_google_off_message

200 some million people were affected with this.

We use Google Apps for Business, and I called their support line and got a pre recorded message saying they were experiencing issues before I could even talk to anyone.

So that may or may not be a part of what your experiencing.

sotorious
Sep 24, 2013, 10:28 AM
as far as the gmail app i did check both. I had my android phone on wifi, as i was testing this as well still wouldnt pop up in notifications or make a sound but when i went to my home screen id see a 1 next to the app as i did recive an email.

Tyler23
Sep 24, 2013, 10:32 AM
as far as the gmail app i did check both. I had my android phone on wifi, as i was testing this as well still wouldnt pop up in notifications or make a sound but when i went to my home screen id see a 1 next to the app as i did recive an email.

Do you have do not disturb on? Mute switch flipped to mute?

sotorious
Sep 24, 2013, 10:50 AM
Do you have do not disturb on? Mute switch flipped to mute?

Nope everything else is coming through

lorifun
Sep 24, 2013, 07:38 PM
I'm sort of having the same issue. I have the Gmail app, and when it's set to to push notifications on the Primary inbox only I get nothing. Nada. But when I set it to do push notifications on all mail, I get them all. Feast or famine!

sotorious
Sep 24, 2013, 09:58 PM
I'm sort of having the same issue. I have the Gmail app, and when it's set to to push notifications on the Primary inbox only I get nothing. Nada. But when I set it to do push notifications on all mail, I get them all. Feast or famine!

So put it to all?

It worked!!!! thank you kind SIR!