PDA

View Full Version : IOS 7 and apple headphone

mjpatel
Sep 24, 2013, 10:24 AM
Hi, im just wondering if anyone else is having problems controlling their music using the buttons on the apple headphones. It really hard to keep pulling the phone and unlocking it to change tracks while working out.

ElZeus
Nov 19, 2013, 05:38 AM
Hi, im just wondering if anyone else is having problems controlling their music using the buttons on the apple headphones. It really hard to keep pulling the phone and unlocking it to change tracks while working out.

Sorry for the necro, but has anyone found a solution for this? The only thing that seems to work is doing the home button + power button reset or restarting the phone. This is super annoying when working out like the OP mentioned. I've never had this problem with ios 6 and below.

abshole765
Nov 19, 2013, 05:57 AM
but has anyone found a solution for this?

Don't use crappy earbuds.

ElZeus
Nov 19, 2013, 07:11 AM
Don't use crappy earbuds.

I'm using the ear pods ><. It didn't happen in ios 6.

ri0ku
Nov 19, 2013, 07:20 AM
I don't have that problem, they work as normal for me.

abshole765
Nov 19, 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm using the ear pods ><.

I stand by what I said.

ElZeus
Nov 19, 2013, 09:53 AM
I stand by what I said.

It also happens with 3rd party headphones :confused:

bbfc
Nov 19, 2013, 10:03 AM

I remember this being an issue in some of the Betas, but this was fixed a while ago now. Have you tried 'Reset All Settings', or making sure that the headphone port hasn't got anything in it, like lint from your pocket or anything?

abshole765
Nov 19, 2013, 10:14 AM

Never had it happen.

ElZeus
Nov 19, 2013, 11:04 AM
I remember this being an issue in some of the Betas, but this was fixed a while ago now. Have you tried 'Reset All Settings', or making sure that the headphone port hasn't got anything in it, like lint from your pocket or anything?

Yeah I read about it in the betas that's why I searched for it on these forums too. I setup my iPhone 5 as new from a factory restore when ios 7.0 came out. I'll try vacuuming out the jack and resetting the settings. I'll report back.