PDA

View Full Version : Any idea why I can't get new songs on my recently....

APPLEFAN8
Sep 24, 2013, 11:09 AM
added playlist? Like the songs are available under the iTunes recently added folder on iTunes but when I sync it they never sync onto my iPhone with iOS 7. They're only available when I search for them on my phone. Which has never happened. Any ideas? Thanks!

Unprocessed1
Sep 25, 2013, 09:50 PM
added playlist? Like the songs are available under the iTunes recently added folder on iTunes but when I sync it they never sync onto my iPhone with iOS 7. They're only available when I search for them on my phone. Which has never happened. Any ideas? Thanks!

Having the same problem. Have 28 songs in my recently added playlist on iTunes, but 68 songs synced on my iphone, none of which are actually 28 of the most recently added.

Anyone know a fix?

Carlanga
Sep 25, 2013, 09:52 PM
I could never sync the recently playlist to work great in my 3GS nor my 4S; never matched.
I then decided to create a smart playlist that I called Recently Added iPhone and just synced that one instead and I always get things up to date. Working good w/ the 5S.

APPLEFAN8
Sep 30, 2013, 11:49 AM
I could never sync the recently playlist to work great in my 3GS nor my 4S; never matched.
I then decided to create a smart playlist that I called Recently Added iPhone and just synced that one instead and I always get things up to date. Working good w/ the 5S.

thanks man! I'll try it!

Burrel
Sep 30, 2013, 04:57 PM
I'm having the exact same problem and my patience are really starting to run thin with this iOS 7. Things that I class as very simple are struggling to work. What were they doing with all these Beta versions if they can't get simple things right such as moving forward on tracks without there being a delay, listening to a song and then when you unlock the phone the song skips back a few seconds, and now it won't show any of my songs in my recently added folder. Tell a lie, the first time I tried it didn't work, the second time it did. Now I'm up to 6 times of trying after adding more songs and they're still not in the folder, yet they are on my iPhone if I search for them directly.

I'm guessing there is no solution, apart from creating another folder as suggested by Carlanga. But isn't this iOS supposed to make life easier for us rather than having to do something to try and rectify their balls up.

defunct32
Sep 30, 2013, 06:11 PM
I'm having the exact same problem and my patience are really starting to run thin with this iOS 7. Things that I class as very simple are struggling to work. What were they doing with all these Beta versions if they can't get simple things right such as moving forward on tracks without there being a delay, listening to a song and then when you unlock the phone the song skips back a few seconds, and now it won't show any of my songs in my recently added folder. Tell a lie, the first time I tried it didn't work, the second time it did. Now I'm up to 6 times of trying after adding more songs and they're still not in the folder, yet they are on my iPhone if I search for them directly.

I'm guessing there is no solution, apart from creating another folder as suggested by Carlanga. But isn't this iOS supposed to make life easier for us rather than having to do something to try and rectify their balls up.

This makes me feel so glad I'm still on iOS 6, the music app in 7 is really a hot mess.

Burrel
Sep 30, 2013, 07:01 PM
This makes me feel so glad I'm still on iOS 6, the music app in 7 is really a hot mess.

Trust me, it really isn't needed. So it has a new design, interface and some tacky animations. I can live without that no problem. But when you then cause problems with everything else which should run like clockwork it turns it all into an absolute joke.

I am yet to find one thing where I've thought "Oh I'm really glad I updated to iOS 7", but my list of regretting doing the update is ever growing.

nnordstr
Oct 24, 2013, 06:41 PM
I have a problem that's been going on for a while. I have a smart playlist set up for recently added items to sync to my iphone 4s and the sync usually gets the order wrong (songs out of sequence). Now, it isn't even syncing the songs completely. Some random songs are added, others are there but not there (circle with square inside of it next to the song). Has anyone else noticed this problem?

ErikGrim
Oct 24, 2013, 06:46 PM
Yes. I just reset my library on my phone and iPad AGAIN last night. Synced everything to my phone, but NOT my iPad. We're at 11.1.2 and 7.0.3 and this flagrant showstopping bug has still not been ironed out!