PDA

View Full Version : Not receiving App Update like I used to...

Legion103
Sep 24, 2013, 11:17 AM
Usually I would get a little number icon notifying my I have apps that need to be updated on the top right hand side of the App Store icon...

I haven't received any of those since updating to iOS7..I have to manually click into the App Store and then I see the # pop up with apps needing to be updated...

Anyone else experiencing this? How do I fix it?

Tyler23
Sep 24, 2013, 11:21 AM
Usually I would get a little number icon notifying my I have apps that need to be updated on the top right hand side of the App Store icon...

I haven't received any of those since updating to iOS7..I have to manually click into the App Store and then I see the # pop up with apps needing to be updated...

iOS 7 features automatic updates. That means, if you have it on (Settings, iTunes & App Store, Automatic Updates), it will update your apps automatically for you in the background.

iOS 7 also keeps a running list of apps recently updated (about the last two weeks) in the updates tab. Apps are not updated as soon as the update is available, rather, they are updated at various times throughout the day to conserve battery life. Also, they can updated over wifi and cellular, or just wifi if you have it switched that way.

What's most likely happening, is that apps are updating for you in the background. Every once and a while, you check, and the new updates haven't updated yet, so you'll see that updates are available.

By default, you will never see the number on the badge for available updates, as it doesn't want you to worry about it since it will update automatically.

riko
Sep 24, 2013, 12:01 PM
I'm having the same issue. I do not have auto updates on and have to manually open the App Store to see what needs updated. Very annoying. Using ios7 on a 4s

Legion103
Sep 24, 2013, 01:21 PM
I have had Auto Updates off since day 1....still does it.

Nolander07
Sep 24, 2013, 02:20 PM
Make sure App Store is in notification center with app icon badge turned on.

Yptcn
Sep 24, 2013, 02:29 PM
I have auto updates off also and the badge doesn't show for me either. I noticed that updating them one by one works a bit better instead of clicking on update all .

rjkgr
Sep 24, 2013, 02:49 PM
im not receiving and updates either

riko
Sep 25, 2013, 01:37 AM
This morning I have a badge on the App Store showing 7 updates. Maybe pale have fixed something.

Eckscaliber
Sep 25, 2013, 02:32 AM
This has been an issue of mine for years. When there are updates, the badge app icon will only appear 1 out of 3 times. The other 2 out of 3 times, I open the App Store to browse, and there are immediately updates waiting. I don't know what's causing this issue, but I've grown to deal with it.

kappaknight
Sep 25, 2013, 08:19 AM
Well, when you use the App and give it priority, it does do a hard refresh in the background. It could very well be that the app did not know of any updates until you opened it and told it to fetch.

AppleRobert
Sep 25, 2013, 12:27 PM

What do you have, an iPhone or iPad? If the latter, is it cellular or do you update via wifi?

Do you shut off what you own or just put it to sleep?

Without narrowing down the device and connection method or shutting down, no resolution will be found.

noez92
Dec 12, 2013, 03:21 AM
same issues here, ios 7