Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muy picante

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Hello,

does anyone have an idea how to delete ios7 update from non jailbroken iphone 4s without installing it? That crapware downloaded automatically and took more that gig of precious space.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Not sure where the update would be stored on your phone, hopefully someone can direct you where to go via SSH.

Last edited:

mightygitis

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Hampton Roads
Strange because the evasion jailbreak disabled my 4s from automatically checking for OS updates.

Not sure where it would be stored on your phone though, hopefully someone can direct you where to go via SSH.

They said the phone was not jailbroken. Personally I would just install it because if this is crap ware I will take all I can get.

You could try restoring your phone to the last back up?

muy picante

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
wow, thats a bold move from apple side - upgrade or loose one gigabyte of disk space. sounds like a robbery to me. I just do not understand why they do not force people to uplodad 10 gigs of tim cook photos form his last vacation? in that case I am sure everybody would update to ios7 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.