PDA

View Full Version : Siri quit...(PROBLEM SOLVED!!!)

Cobra611
Sep 24, 2013, 03:04 PM
...without leaving a note or saying goodbye. She's gone!! Yesterday, we were happy. I would ask her a question and she would politely answer. Today, I go to ask a question, and there is NO sign of her on my phone. I have done NOTHING in the last 24 hrs. on that phone that could have deleted her, not even sure if there is a way! Does anyone have ANY clue as to what happened?

gentlefury
Sep 24, 2013, 03:05 PM
It says you have no service. Since Siri is an online feature maybe that's why.

Paddle1
Sep 24, 2013, 03:06 PM
Settings, General, Restrictions?

From A Buick 8
Sep 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
Well if you do not know what you did then she sure is not going to tell you. Just bite the bullet, admit you are wrong and buy her some flowers.

repeat
I am a man, but I can change, if I have to.... I guess.

Cobra611
Sep 24, 2013, 03:25 PM
I noticed the problem when I was home a few hours ago. There, I had full bar signal strength cell & wifi. I just took that pic here from work, where I'm stuck in a clean room for the next 8 hrs. Luckily I can tap into the company's wifi. I just checked the restrictions list, and it was off. WTF, someone is messin' with me because I did not do that!! Thanks for the help...and I'm still not buying her flowers!!!

gentlefury
Sep 24, 2013, 03:28 PM
I noticed the problem when I was home a few hours ago. There, I had full bar signal strength cell & wifi. I just took that pic here from work, where I'm stuck in a clean room for the next 8 hrs. Luckily I can tap into the companies wifi. I just checked the restrictions list, and it was off. WTF, someone is messin' with me because I did not do that!! Thanks for the help...and I'm still not buying her flowers!!!

Again, Siri requires internet to work. No internet, no Siri.

dictoresno
Sep 24, 2013, 03:34 PM
Reboot!

viperGTS
Sep 24, 2013, 03:52 PM
Again, Siri requires internet to work. No internet, no Siri.

The Siri settings will still be there, even in Airplane Mode. They don't disappear when there is no connection. Also, you can still attempt to call Siri while offline. She will just say there is no internet connection.

dictoresno
Sep 24, 2013, 03:54 PM
So you go so far as to edit the post saying problem solved but don't tell us how you fixed it?

Cobra611
Sep 24, 2013, 05:12 PM
So you go so far as to edit the post saying problem solved but don't tell us how you fixed it?

I said it right there in my response...but allow me to clarify that in Restrictions, Siri was being restricted. I disabled the restriction for it, and it reappeared.

dictoresno
Sep 24, 2013, 06:30 PM
I said it right there in my response...but allow me to clarify that in Restrictions, Siri was being restricted. I disabled the restriction for it, and it reappeared.

ah i saw you edited your OP, missed the other post.