PDA

View Full Version : [General] Worth upgrading now?

Samtb
Sep 24, 2013, 05:13 PM
Is it worth upgrading now or better to wait for a later version with all the issues which seem to be coming up?

mrapplegate
Sep 24, 2013, 05:14 PM
Since this a forum, most posts are about people with problems. If you waited for a perfect system you would never update.

Update now. There are plenty of people who are perfectly happy with iOS7.

hrrslmpk
Sep 24, 2013, 06:37 PM
I have had nary a problem when I updated on my iPhone 5 or on this spangly new iPhone 5S lol

Zerilos
Sep 24, 2013, 07:18 PM
I am really liking the changes. The new icons took a few days to get used to and battery life was horrific at first. After turning off a few settings, I'm now (at least as of today) getting better battery life than I did on iOS 6. Heavy use, 7 hours and 15% left. Never got that on iOS 6 unless connected to WiFi all day (which I wasn't).

Sital
Sep 24, 2013, 07:55 PM
I haven't had any real problems on my iPhone 5. I used the opportunity to restore and set it up as a new phone (did not use a backup, just iCloud for calendar, mail and contacts).

Samtb
Sep 25, 2013, 10:26 AM
I am really liking the changes. The new icons took a few days to get used to and battery life was horrific at first. After turning off a few settings, I'm now (at least as of today) getting better battery life than I did on iOS 6. Heavy use, 7 hours and 15% left. Never got that on iOS 6 unless connected to WiFi all day (which I wasn't).

Which settings did you turn off?