PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Apple Charging Cord

CanesDrew
Sep 24, 2013, 05:54 PM
Yesterday I received a strange message on my car charger. This is an authentic (read - purchased from Apple) charging cord being used to charge my iPhone 5 running iOS 7. After plugging in my phone in the car, it will charge for about a second and then pops up the message below:

"This accessory may not be supported"

It then will no longer charge. If I unplug and replug the charger, it repeats the symptom. I've rebooted the phone to no avail. The phone chargers on other chargers and by other chargers I mean on one other Apple charger and two other Belkin chargers purchased from Best Buy.

Very strange, eh? I've Google'd for this error and can't seem to find anything. I'm wondering if maybe the chip in the cable fried somehow? Anyone else noticed a similar error? I know it's not the phone because like I said it charges on other chargers.

I'm not sure if this maybe is an interaction with iOS 7 or completely unrelated.

twowinns
Sep 24, 2013, 06:13 PM
I had the same thing happen to me when I put my new iPhone 5s in the new Apple dock. Really surprised me, but it has only happened once. Don't know the cause.

dcp10
Sep 24, 2013, 06:43 PM
Probably the USB port, either a built in one, or a 3rd party cigarette plug can cause this in my experience.

CanesDrew
Sep 24, 2013, 06:45 PM
Probably the USB port, either a built in one, or a 3rd party cigarette plug can cause this in my experience.

That's a good possibility because I am using a cheap 2 way USB splitter from Walgreens. I will bring the cord inside and try and charge it on the home outlet and see if it works. If so, that's the culprit!

Good idea!! :D