PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for iOS 7.1

moonman239
Sep 24, 2013, 06:47 PM
Calendar
I should be able to select the location of an event from my address book, from my list of bookmarks, or by typing in the name of the place and selecting the place from a list of places by that name.
Notification Center
I should be able to get the time it will take to get to my next appointment from my current location if I leave immediately. To save battery, my devices should not download that information too frequently. Also, it would be nice if I could receive an alert telling me there's a car crash on the freeway and I'd better leave immediately so I'm not late for my next appointment.

MidnightSVT
Sep 24, 2013, 09:35 PM
With iOS 7.1 supposedly coming around the time of the iPad announcements, I would like to see native weather and calculator apps for the iPad lineup. Weather in NC and calculator in CC. With bug fixes and Keychain sync between OSX 10.9 and iOS that would be pretty nice.

BigMar89
Sep 24, 2013, 10:03 PM
quick reply, faster animations, and better battery life than what is presented currently in iOS 7. I can think of other gimmicky features to add but these 3 are an absolute must.

bjcskier
Oct 24, 2013, 12:59 PM
- Quick reply for messages
- Close all open apps button
- Clear all notifications button

Why are these so hard for Apple to add? (I know the second one isn't as likely)

scoop2mylue
Oct 24, 2013, 01:04 PM
quick reply for messages is all i am needing and i wont feel the need to jailbreak....maybe :D

CarlosQG
Oct 24, 2013, 02:34 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1616038 :)

matttye
Oct 24, 2013, 02:45 PM
Fingerprint and iCloud Keychain integration. I want it so that rather than automatically putting in my account info in Safari, it will only do so if I scan one of my authorised fingerprints.

Would also like iCloud Keychain extended to login to apps.

Badrottie
Oct 24, 2013, 10:31 PM
I am hoping 7.1 would bring some old features back from iOS 6 like Tweet/Facebook quick message from NC. :apple:

Defender2010
Oct 25, 2013, 10:53 AM
With iOS 7.1 supposedly coming around the time of the iPad announcements, I would like to see native weather and calculator apps for the iPad lineup. Weather in NC and calculator in CC. With bug fixes and Keychain sync between OSX 10.9 and iOS that would be pretty nice.

Well it obviously didn't, did it? Wait for 7.1 beta 1 before assuming when it is coming

abshole765
Oct 25, 2013, 11:06 AM
A music app that isn't ****.

teknikal90
Oct 25, 2013, 11:21 AM
1. Music App improvements.
2. ability to swipe and register taps while the stupid animations are taking their time. iOS 6 had this
3. clear alll notifications.
4. more speed

identity
Oct 25, 2013, 11:21 AM
For the iPad, having split mail views. It's stupid to click on an email and go to a full page of it rather than having it split side by side like the Cydia email tweak.

lovewd
Oct 25, 2013, 02:41 PM
Kill all apps button in multitasking

Dave Felix
Oct 25, 2013, 03:23 PM
- Quick reply for messages
- Close all open apps button
- Clear all notifications button

Why are these so hard for Apple to add? (I know the second one isn't as likely)

I don't think any of those will be in 7.1 to be honest. The only one that might have a chance is "clear all notification button".

I honestly hate the notification center, I would like to see an icon in the status bar in iOS 8, I hate the fact you have to scroll up from the top and look for notifications. Why should I go looking for a notification.

PlatinuM195
Oct 25, 2013, 05:26 PM
Quick reply. They implemented it in Mavericks, now bring it to iOS.

ekiro
Oct 25, 2013, 05:28 PM
I would suggest improving the animation speeds as well as the scanning speed of the Touch ID. Should be < 100ms.

acfusion29
Oct 25, 2013, 05:38 PM
Kill all apps button in multitasking

i was thinking about this today.

a good way to implement a 'kill all' would be to swipe on on the home screen when in the multi-tasking menu. (if i confused anyone, double tap on the home button then swipe up on the page with all your icons)

as for 7.1 i wanna see:

- improved calendar
- bring back weather widget at least

hektor5wolf
Oct 25, 2013, 11:04 PM
Fingerprint and iCloud Keychain integration. I want it so that rather than automatically putting in my account info in Safari, it will only do so if I scan one of my authorised fingerprints.

Would also like iCloud Keychain extended to login to apps.

Apple's page says that iCloud key chain can be integrated into apps!

lovewd
Oct 26, 2013, 12:51 PM
i was thinking about this today.

a good way to implement a 'kill all' would be to swipe on on the home screen when in the multi-tasking menu. (if i confused anyone, double tap on the home button then swipe up on the page with all your icons)

as for 7.1 i wanna see:

- improved calendar
- bring back weather widget at least
Weather is in the today tab in Notification Center

acfusion29
Oct 26, 2013, 01:06 PM
Weather is in the today tab in Notification Center

- it's not a weather widget like before
- you need location services on (eats battery)

MrGuder
Oct 26, 2013, 01:32 PM
Fix the Music App!!! ASAP!!

Feedback already sent!!

djtech42
Oct 26, 2013, 03:15 PM
Swipe from right edge to enter multitasking instead of double tapping home button.

DanTSX
Oct 26, 2013, 04:29 PM
Add a button for cellular data to that little shortcut menu that pulls up from the bottom of the screen. Used far more frequently than airplane mode

C DM
Oct 26, 2013, 04:33 PM
Add a button for cellular data to that little shortcut menu that pulls up from the bottom of the screen. Used far more frequently than airplane modeMost use that less frequently if ever at all. But what they should do is either add more shortcuts or allow users to customize them in the Control Center.

DanTSX
Oct 26, 2013, 04:47 PM
Most use that less frequently if ever at all. But what they should do is either add more shortcuts or allow users to customize them in the Control Center.

Agree. I only started using mine as I had to give up my precious unlimited data contract. Or at least forego it in light of buying an Unsubsidized phone. Like 8gb isn't enough, but I get carried Away:o

Ashin
Oct 26, 2013, 05:41 PM
Animations still need work.

Still moments where you start swiping and it does nothing until the animation completes

Tzuten
Oct 26, 2013, 09:56 PM
Zephyr style swipe to get back to home screen and bring up multitasking..

For those that are not familiar with Zephyr, it is a JB tweak to to swipe up to bring up multi tasking or close an app. Pressing the button is annoying. I know control center is from the button and notification is from the top. Perhaps another swipe method.

~Ks383~
Oct 26, 2013, 11:47 PM
Zephyr style swipe to get back to home screen and bring up multitasking..

For those that are not familiar with Zephyr, it is a JB tweak to to swipe up to bring up multi tasking or close an app. Pressing the button is annoying. I know control center is from the button and notification is from the top. Perhaps another swipe method.

This. Zephyr is awesome. I really miss this now that I'm not jailbroken. Not that it will happen.

ekiro
Oct 26, 2013, 11:53 PM
Calendar
I should be able to select the location of an event from my address book, from my list of bookmarks, or by typing in the name of the place and selecting the place from a list of places by that name.
Notification Center
I should be able to get the time it will take to get to my next appointment from my current location if I leave immediately. To save battery, my devices should not download that information too frequently. Also, it would be nice if I could receive an alert telling me there's a car crash on the freeway and I'd better leave immediately so I'm not late for my next appointment.

Here's an idea: fix all glitches in the UI, especially after animations. And speed those up too... because even with this super fancy fast A7 the experience feels slugish.