PDA

View Full Version : Eta in notification bar

Joe1
Sep 24, 2013, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. I have seen images and in the keynote speech that you can get your eta to your next event on your calander to show up in the notification center. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I made sure location services is enabled in notification bar settings. I made sure Siri knows where I live and work and that my contact info are correct. I have also tried putting the name and or address in the location of the calander event and I still can't get the eta to next event to show up in the notification bar. I can click on the event and get maps to load up show traffic and ect but only after I click the event. It doesn't show up automatically. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

vc73287n
Sep 24, 2013, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. I have seen images and in the keynote speech that you can get your eta to your next event on your calander to show up in the notification center. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I made sure location services is enabled in notification bar settings. I made sure Siri knows where I live and work and that my contact info are correct. I have also tried putting the name and or address in the location of the calander event and I still can't get the eta to next event to show up in the notification bar. I can click on the event and get maps to load up show traffic and ect but only after I click the event. It doesn't show up automatically. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

Dude its not you. Many other uses including myself have this problem. I tried every dam thing I could. Every suggestion listed on this site dating back to May 2009 I tried. I have clue man. If you find out, let me know please !!:o

batting1000
Sep 24, 2013, 09:16 PM
Make sure Traffic and Frequent Locations are on in Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Do know that they are battery drainers.

ViP3l2
Sep 25, 2013, 02:01 PM
It takes a few weeks to really get to know where you live and work and frequent. Once it gets a good understanding of those places that you frequent and the corresponding times it will then display that information in Notification Center. I have using iOS 7 since the initial beta and it didn't become available until after several weeks of using it.

Stuke00
Sep 25, 2013, 02:38 PM
It takes a few weeks to really get to know where you live and work and frequent. Once it gets a good understanding of those places that you frequent and the corresponding times it will then display that information in Notification Center. I have using iOS 7 since the initial beta and it didn't become available until after several weeks of using it.

OP is talking about ETA to next event on calendar, not frequent locations.

I was under the impression this is a Mavericks thing. Where you can send maps to your phone and get an ETA that way.