Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
When I got a case for my MacBook (same Alum model as yours), I opted out of getting the Speck case because for one, it is $50 (which is more than twice as expensive as the one I purchased), and two, I feel like I would have been paying for the name brand more than anything. Also, I am not very concerned with damaging my MacBook because I don't bring it with me places very often (home and work), as I do much of my developing work at home or at the office.

This is the case I purchased off of eBay. After using the case for a few days, I noticed having the bottom piece of the case attached held the heat in more compared to when it was not attached.

Other than that, the top sleeve of the case looks great :D

HIMAN1998

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Richmond, VA
Heat won't be an issue for me, if mine starts getting over 130 F I use SMC Fan Control to turn the fans up. How is the keyboard cover it has, and how long did it take to ship (if you're in the U.S.)?

----------

Also, can you still use the battery indicator button with it on? This honestly would be a deal breaker for me if you can't, as I use that daily.

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
Heat won't be an issue for me, if mine starts getting over 130 F I use SMC Fan Control to turn the fans up. How is the keyboard cover it has, and how long did it take to ship (if you're in the U.S.)?

----------

Also, can you still use the battery indicator button with it on? This honestly would be a deal breaker for me if you can't, as I use that daily.

The keyboard cover that comes along with it works well. It took about 2 weeks to arrive at my home after I ordered it (I live in San Francisco).

No, the battery indicator button is not visible with the case on.

HIMAN1998

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Richmond, VA
I found one that the button is easily accessible on Amazon. I also prefer shipping inside the US so I can get the item quicker.

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
Funny you say that, I typically only go for shipping inside the US as well. That was the first (and last) item I'll buy off of eBay that is being shipped internationally (it could have easily been the seller's fault as well though). They quoted me a 10 day shipping length, and it took 15 if I remember correctly.

Too long to be waiting for something I purchased in my opinion.

Glad you found a case to fit your needs though.

- Kyle

HIMAN1998

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Richmond, VA
yeah the main reason I try to stay for something inside the U.S. is because of shipping time, and if I need to do a return for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.