Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
It's tough for me to have a useful search via tapatalk so if this has been mentioned I apologize and would appreciate a link.

Regardless this JUST started on my phone (4S iOS 7).

Normally when I would unlock my phone I'd get a keypad with the numbers circled and dots at the top showing I typed in each digit like this.

y9ypu3ad.jpg

But NOW when I use a black background which I always have (I like the contrast) I get this.

ytubygy5.jpg

When I type there is no indications that a key has been pressed what so ever. This makes it surprisingly annoying to unlock my phone. However it does still unlock.

Anyone experienced this? If so how do I fix it?

----------

Btw, I've reset the phone and have tried multiple backgrounds. It just doesn't work on black. It's odd because that is just a picture of black I took with the camera covered. And like I mentioned this just started out of the blue.

Please don't say "restore from new" every issue this phone has I have to restore from new. Why even back it up right? Lol

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
You don't have "increase contrast" or "bold" on in the accessibility settings do you?

cynics

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Hmm I guess I found the solution, oddly enough. I would still call it a glitch but just annoying nothing permanent.

Last night when I was checking all this I was in a dark room with auto brightness set to the minimum. Once I bumped the brightness up it fixed itself. Now even back on minimum brightness everything is working like it should.

Strange if nothing else especially considering it only did that with black backgrounds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.