PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Restrictions - Blocking Adult Websites

KeepCalmPeople
Sep 24, 2013, 11:09 PM
I don't know where Apple gets its blocked domains from, or perhaps it is outsourcing them, but they appear to be a bit of a mess.
My daughter has been blocked from viewing a college preparation website and a site with cardigan knitting patterns...!
Anyone else having difficulties with this?

DollaTwentyFive
Sep 24, 2013, 11:14 PM
I don't know where Apple gets its blocked domains from, or perhaps it is outsourcing them, but they appear to be a bit of a mess.
My daughter has been blocked from viewing a college preparation website and a site with cardigan knitting patterns...!

Only happens in the Midwest. It's a location-based service. Where are you located?

KeepCalmPeople
Sep 24, 2013, 11:16 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, California

dictoresno
Sep 24, 2013, 11:39 PM
i can view "cardigan knitting" sites just fine. ive never seen apple blocking websites.

burgman
Sep 24, 2013, 11:45 PM
Never seen IOS block any websites. Are you on WiFi or cell data? I would be looking at settings.

KeepCalmPeople
Sep 25, 2013, 12:12 AM
Try this:

Settings...General...Restrictions
Enable Restrictions
Scroll to Websites and click on it.
Enable 'Limit Adult Content'
Come out and go to this website:
http://www.envisionexperience.com

The page will be blocked, with an option to allow it if you enter the Restrictions passcode.
Now disable restrictions and check out the website...

Gutwrench
Sep 25, 2013, 05:15 AM
Try this:

Enable Restrictions

Are you serious? Why would I do that and effectively disable my Safari??

maflynn
Sep 25, 2013, 05:20 AM
Try this:

Enable Restrictions
Come out and go to this website:
http://www.envisionexperience.com

The page will be blocked, with an option to allow it if you enter the Restrictions passcode.
Now disable restrictions and check out the website...

All I can say is contact apple then, they have that website marked as adult when its not.

deadlock
Sep 25, 2013, 05:50 AM
And *this* is the problem with any form of white/blacklist

maflynn
Sep 25, 2013, 05:54 AM
And *this* is the problem with any form of white/blacklist

It is, no argument. I use opendns to invoke parental controls on my home network and it had some "safe" websites miscategorized, it happens. The op should contact apple over this, though I wonder how long it may take to fix it

KeepCalmPeople
Sep 25, 2013, 08:31 AM
It is, no argument. I use opendns to invoke parental controls on my home network and it had some "safe" websites miscategorized, it happens. The op should contact apple over this, though I wonder how long it may take to fix it

Agreed, and I will. I also use opendns at home, and that is great when the family's devices are on wifi, but when on cellular I am reliant on whatever Apple or the cellular provider offers.