Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yeti89

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 that I just upgraded to ios 7. I have often had struggles with iMessages being on T-Mobile and not having a data plan. The problem I am having is that my phone number seems to keep deactivating from imessages and so then imessages reverts to my email. This is particularly frustrating because then messages are sent only to my commuter and not my phone.

I have done different things to get the number to reactivate and it works but then after some time it deactivates again.

Any thoughts?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I'm getting this problem too and I thought I had solved it last week. This morning all my messages are going green again, yet imessage says its activated in the settings.

Any suggestions from those in the know would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 that I just upgraded to ios 7. I have often had struggles with iMessages being on T-Mobile and not having a data plan. The problem I am having is that my phone number seems to keep deactivating from imessages and so then imessages reverts to my email. This is particularly frustrating because then messages are sent only to my commuter and not my phone.

I have done different things to get the number to reactivate and it works but then after some time it deactivates again.

Any thoughts?

To activate and use iMessage, your device needs to send a text message to the servers. The message is hidden from users.
You should top up your account, and then turn iMessage and FaceTime off then on again.
It should be activated within 15-30 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.