PDA

View Full Version : Too many empty linked pages (thanks to the footer templates)

mainstreetmark
Nov 30, 2005, 08:45 AM
This page http://guides.macrumors.com/Special:Wantedpages is useless.

The creation of those footers that link to every Mac is certainly a good idea, however, it really distorts the Wanted Pages thing and makes it hard to figure out what to work on.

I propose we either:

1. Un-link the unfinished articles in the footers (for now!)
2. Form a tiger-team and knock out ALL those missing Mac/iPod/whatever pages in short order, so that "WantedPages" gets back to random stuff.

840quadra
Nov 30, 2005, 08:56 AM
Or if you are worried you can start filling some in ;) .

I think the page is a good idea, as long as it isn't on the front page, and showing how many blank pages we have right away, to anyone that visits. I have tried to help by completing the Quadra840, and LC pages.

My vote is that we leave it, but make it less easy to stumble upon possibly.

Mechcozmo
Nov 30, 2005, 10:28 PM
The PowerBook G4 Aluminum page is ready.

And I have an idea on how to take care of all this empty pages...
1. We get the pages ready with a correct layout. Overview, specs, history, all that. But leave 'em blank.
2. Open to the public of MacRumors
3. Keep a careful watch on them
4. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Sound like a good idea? The only thing that this requires us to do is have us keep close watch on the pages to make sure information is correct, etc. But the minions-- er, valued members of MacRumors can help out this way. I'm sure that quite a number of them know at least something about various elderly Macs.

840quadra
Dec 1, 2005, 09:46 PM
4. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Sound like a good idea?

Not #4, The last time I did that my G5 Electrocuted me, and it wouldn't boot for a week!

I ned to get typing and do a few more classic pages! The plan is interesting, I just don't know how to work with the software well enough to help implement it!

Mechcozmo
Dec 2, 2005, 11:29 PM
Not #4, The last time I did that my G5 Electrocuted me, and it wouldn't boot for a week!

I ned to get typing and do a few more classic pages! The plan is interesting, I just don't know how to work with the software well enough to help implement it!

I know even less about the software, but my Mac 512K requires a good bath every now and again.