Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterBigMack

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Was looking at the new iPhone 5S leather case to go into my iphone 5, but have a music dock and need to use my lightning to 30 pin adaptor and dont know if the adaptor does work through the case....does anyone know this?

I have the speck flip case which is really cool but looking to see if any other cases can allow the adaptor to work when the case is on

any suggestions? does the above 5s leather case work?

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Was looking at the new iPhone 5S leather case to go into my iphone 5, but have a music dock and need to use my lightning to 30 pin adaptor and dont know if the adaptor does work through the case....does anyone know this?

I have the speck flip case which is really cool but looking to see if any other cases can allow the adaptor to work when the case is on

any suggestions? does the above 5s leather case work?

Screen-Shot-2012-11-16-at-16.32.19.png

The best case for the adapter is the incase Pro Slider.

http://goincase.com/shop/incase-pro-slider-case-for-iphone-5#color/384/view/1

The adapter connects without taking it out of the case, or even the bottom part.

I love the case but the edges start to show cracks/seams after awhile.
I have since switched to the Shock Slider but that one isn't adapater friendly.

MisterBigMack

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2012
The best case for the adapter is the incase Pro Slider.

http://goincase.com/shop/incase-pro-slider-case-for-iphone-5#color/384/view/1

The adapter connects without taking it out of the case, or even the bottom part.

I love the case but the edges start to show cracks/seams after awhile.
I have since switched to the Shock Slider but that one isn't adapater friendly.

thanks, looked a video of the case and looks like the bottom bit which attaches on has a tendancy to fall off?

thanks though, anyone got any other ideas?

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Between the 4s, 5 and 5s, I have owned about 4 of these cases and the bottom never fell off. Not sure where you heard that from.

Another option would be the Spex Flip but that case is scratch city and wears out (and its not cheap).

Honestly, go to Best Buy, and any case that has an opening like the picture I posted, should work for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.