PDA

View Full Version : Airplay from Control Center only?

Ino
Sep 25, 2013, 08:52 AM
After a few days with iOS 7, it's appears we can only turn on Airplay from the Control Center...having to pull up the full Control Center and then dismiss it feels like such a disconnect compared to having Airplay on the same screen as the media itself (i.e. in the Now Playing screen of the music app or right on each photo/video in the Photos app).

It's not like there's no room for the Airplay icon for crying out loud...iOS7 is filled with tons and tons of whitespace as it is...

Does anyone happen to know any workarounds?

dhlizard
Sep 25, 2013, 08:59 AM
The AirPlay icon is present on my media screens (lower right corner)...

An example from movies...

Ino
Sep 25, 2013, 05:03 PM
The AirPlay icon is present on my media screens (lower right corner)...

An example from movies...

Hm, I guess they kept it for movies but removed it from the music and photos apps.

My family likes to share photos and videos shot with our devices through Airplay and now those icons are gone. Maybe it will get better over time, but for now it still feels clunky to summon and dismiss control center to Airplay.

Apple definitely got Airplay right the first time around, it's a shame they felt like they needed to change it at all.

Armen
Sep 25, 2013, 05:07 PM
After a few days with iOS 7, it's appears we can only turn on Airplay from the Control Center...having to pull up the full Control Center and then dismiss it feels like such a disconnect compared to having Airplay on the same screen as the media itself (i.e. in the Now Playing screen of the music app or right on each photo/video in the Photos app).

It's not like there's no room for the Airplay icon for crying out loud...iOS7 is filled with tons and tons of whitespace as it is...

Does anyone happen to know any workarounds?

It took me a while to find it but I'm ok with it being in the control center.

Sodner
Sep 25, 2013, 05:13 PM
I find it annoying that it is not in the music app.

benji888
Sep 25, 2013, 05:51 PM
It is there, from Photos app, when the pic/vid is open just click on the share icon, it's a square with an arrow pointing up, once you do you can also select multiple items. If you have iPhone 5 or newer you can use AirDrop, which is the fastest way, but AirPlay is one the icons you'll see here.

It's not that they got rid of it, it's one of the Share options, so just look for the Share icon instead of the AirPlay icon. Or, if not there, yeah, control center.

As far as Music app, I know you can share iTunes Radio stations, but, not sure how it all works. Right now, I don't have anything to airplay to, show it isn't showing in my control center.