Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
I'm running since years several times a week on the same mountain trail and since some months I'm using the Nike+ Running app to track these runs. According to Google Earth the lenght of this run is about 3.2 miles and while being on iOS 6 Nike+ Running reported the lenght consistently between 3.1 and 3.2 miles.

However, since updating to iOS 7 the length - of the same trail under the same blue Arizona sky - has suddenly grown to 3.45 to 3.55 miles.

Are here other users who use Nike+ Running or other tracking apps who can share their experiences with using these apps under iOS 6 and iOS 7?

Last edited:

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I used Runkeeper for the first time since upgrading and that appears to be not working. It appears to be losing the GPS connection\signal when the screen is locked. After a couple of hours of walking on Sunday it told me we'd covered a couple of miles and had been walking for around 30mins.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I've been using Nike+ Running since the betas and never had an issue with the GPS, are the apps you are using iOS 7 compatible yet?

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
... are the apps you are using iOS 7 compatible yet?
Sure, and it's just Nike+ Running so far. I just downloaded Kinetic Lite and will see how that works. I actually hope that I can borrow someone's iPhone 4 with iOS 6 tomorrow and use both of them simultaneously.

What I also noticed is that under iOS 6 Nike+ Running would only occasionally complain about a weak GPS signal (usually when it was very cloudy) while it happens now under iOS 7 every time - also when the sky is completely clear. Switching the phone off and on again to clear the GPS cache does not make a difference.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.