PDA

View Full Version : SIRI on iOS 7

crewmeal
Sep 25, 2013, 01:20 PM
What's up with it? When you ask a request says it can't handle anymroe requests at this time, please try later! Sounds like a dying man giving up!

robertkarlsen
Sep 25, 2013, 02:41 PM
Same **** for me. Think it has to do with Apple servers?

Splitting
Sep 25, 2013, 03:07 PM
I don't get it. I really like the additional info that siri now provides. But it is SO slow.

I downloaded iOS 7 on the day of release (when presumably Apples servers were being hammered) and siri was blazing quick. Just as quick as google now. I was seriously impressed because I like siri and use it on a daily basis.

But since then... 5/10/15 seconds to get an answer. Many examples of 'i'm sorry but I can't help right now' etc.

gentlefury
Sep 25, 2013, 03:19 PM
I don't get it. I really like the additional info that siri now provides. But it is SO slow.

I downloaded iOS 7 on the day of release (when presumably Apples servers were being hammered) and siri was blazing quick. Just as quick as google now. I was seriously impressed because I like siri and use it on a daily basis.

But since then... 5/10/15 seconds to get an answer. Many examples of 'i'm sorry but I can't help right now' etc.

Unfortunately, since Siri isn't a local service its at the mercy of Apple's servers. So when a lot of people are using it, it's slow. When it's working right, its instant.

Splitting
Sep 25, 2013, 03:23 PM
Unfortunately, since Siri isn't a local service its at the mercy of Apple's servers. So when a lot of people are using it, it's slow. When it's working right, its instant.

That's my point. Why was it blazing fast on iOS 7 release day when apples servers are being hammered by people downloading the new software and trying out the new siri, and yet now, when surely they are under a lot less load, is it so unreliable?

I'm in the UK like the OP if that helps. I notice another poster is in Sweden. Do siri requests from Europe go thru a different server than say requests from the US?

gentlefury
Sep 25, 2013, 03:28 PM
That's my point. Why was it blazing fast on iOS 7 release day when apples servers are being hammered by people downloading the new software and trying out the new siri, and yet now, when surely they are under a lot less load, is it so unreliable?

I'm in the UK like the OP if that helps. I notice another poster is in Sweden. Do siri requests from Europe go thru a different server than say requests from the US?

I'm guessing its under a much heavier load. People are actually using it..not just playing with other features.

kitkat2
Sep 27, 2013, 04:36 PM
I'm in California and I've been having the same problems for the past few days. It's getting really annoying so I can here to see if I could find anything out about it. She was slow once in a while on iOS 6 but not like this.

I'm on an iPhone 5.

jimi78
Sep 27, 2013, 05:13 PM
that i had the problem of SIRI being slow, but my issue is that SIRI is not responding to my voice. I press home button to bring up SIRI, but the wavelengths do not respond and it can not hear me. I can speak to people using my phone, but when I use SIRI it seems like my mic is not working.

I was able to query SIRI when my iphone 5 is sync'd to my BT adapter in my car, but once it is disconnected it ceases to work. I have restored twice and am not looking forward to doing it again. Might just have a Apple look at it since I still have AC for another year.

Any thoughts?:confused:

Armen
Sep 27, 2013, 05:17 PM
What's up with it? When you ask a request says it can't handle anymroe requests at this time, please try later! Sounds like a dying man giving up!

What it means is every new customer that bought a iphone 5C or 5S is playing with the Siri feature. That's all. It will go back to normal eventually.