Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Back in April after tickets to its Worldwide Developers Conference sold out in just two minutes, Apple announced that it would be launching a series of Tech Talks later in the year, taking seminars and hands-on help to a number of cities around the world.

tech_talks_2013_cities.jpg
Apple has now announced the schedule for the Tech Talks, which will focus on iOS 7 with two types of programs: one for general app developers and one for developers focused on games.
Get in-depth guidance about developing for iOS 7, learn practical coding tips and tricks, and obtain valuable one-on-one programming and design assistance in our lab. Choose which day is best for you -- app developer day or game developer day.
The tour schedule includes:

App Developer Days
- San Francisco: October 8
- New York: October 15
- Tokyo: November 6
- Shanghai: November 12
- Berlin: December 12
- London: December 17

Game Developer Days
- San Francisco: October 9
- New York: October 16
- Tokyo: November 7
- Shanghai: November 13
- Berlin: December 13
- London: December 18

Interested developers must apply for spots at the events by 10:00 AM Pacific Time on Friday, September 27, and Apple has included sample agendas for the two types of events to help developers select which one they wish to attend. Attendees will be selected at random from all qualified applications.

Article Link: Apple Announces Schedule for iOS 7 'Tech Talks' Tour in U.S., Asia, and Europe

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
Can't find the actual Apple announcement.
Link?

[Update] Never mind. Got the email, submitted my request, got the reply: "Your request was received."

Last edited:

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
UK
Those icons remind me of a zx spectrum game from 1983 - Apple - you need o hire a graphic designer !

Who ok'd that hideous s?

runeapple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
I don't mind these icons they actually have nice character.

I don't share the same opinion of many of the iOS7 icons however. Such as the phone and messages app- please reduce the saturation!

Then that leads me to Game Center, Safari and Voice Memos please change these completely!

sainsburys

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Poland
They didn't mention any costs of tickets, even in the policy?
Will it be free?
What if you will be choosen but can't pay?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Last edited:

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
It's free.

iOS 5 tech talk was great, hopefully get to go to this one too.

What a great idea, I'd love to go even though these are for developers only (my developer days are in the past, but I'd definitely still find them interesting).

The ones they've done in the past, were they split like this, one for general app development and one for game developers?? Just curious to know if they're putting more effort into games development??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.