PDA

View Full Version : Timer not displaying properly on lock screen

iAdamator
Sep 25, 2013, 01:35 PM
I had this bug since Beta but really didn't think much of it. When I have a timer going, the lock screen just shows 00:00 on my iPhone 5.

I did upgrade to the final GM, though it wasn't directly through iTunes. I noticed last night my iPad 4 does not have this error, which I updated OTA from 6.1.3 to 7.0 the day 7 came out.

A co-worker has a 5 and his timer also shows fine on the lock screen. Guess it's just me. Anyone else have the issue? May try a complete wipe and install tonight.

Tyler23
Sep 25, 2013, 01:45 PM
I had this bug since Beta but really didn't think much of it. When I have a timer going, the lock screen just shows 00:00 on my iPhone 5.

I did upgrade to the final GM, though it wasn't directly through iTunes. I noticed last night my iPad 4 does not have this error, which I updated OTA from 6.1.3 to 7.0 the day 7 came out.

A co-worker has a 5 and his timer also shows fine on the lock screen. Guess it's just me. Anyone else have the issue? May try a complete wipe and install tonight.

You can only upgrade form a beta to the GM through iTunes. If you didn't do it, it doesn't sound like you're on the GM. What build number is iOS 7 on your phone? (General, About, Version (Will say 7.0 followed by numbers and letters).

iAdamator
Sep 25, 2013, 01:59 PM
Sorry I mispoke. I did update from iTunes, but I got the GM about a week before it officially came out. I know I have the GM since I have the new sounds and wallpapers.

7.0 (11A465)

Tyler23
Sep 25, 2013, 02:02 PM
Sorry I mispoke. I did update from iTunes, but I got the GM about a week before it officially came out. I know I have the GM since I have the new sounds and wallpapers.

7.0 (11A465)

No problem! Only assumed you might not have the GM based on what you said - yes, you have the GM :cool:

I know it's stupid, but have you tried a hard reset? (holding home and power buttons until the phone turns off, shows apple logo then let go).

If that doesn't work, then I would indeed suggest a restore, then restore from backup.

But hopefully you don't need to go that far..

\-V-/
Sep 25, 2013, 02:02 PM
I was having issues with the "GM" [the one that was released a week prior] and eventually just Restored it to the official iOS 7 release and haven't had any issues since. That's about the only thing I can think of that you might try. Just make sure to do a backup with the latest iTunes or you can't Restore properly.

iAdamator
Sep 25, 2013, 03:22 PM
If I plug into iTunes and hit restore, it will wipe my phone and essentially give me a new copy of iOS 7, correct? Then I can just load my backup?

Any risk of loading my backup from the Computer vs iCloud?

iAdamator
Sep 26, 2013, 01:23 AM
I did a restore and put my back up back on from iTunes and it's still not displaying the timer on the lock screen properly. Any ideas what else I could try?