Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbancity

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere in iOS7 that allows me to adjust the ringer volume using the Volume Up/Down buttons from the lock screen?

Before I go to bed I would like to make sure the ringer volume is turned up so I don't miss the alarm in the morning. In iOS6 I was able to adjust the ringer volume right from the lock screen; but it seems in iOS7 I must enter my password to go the main screen to make volume adjustments.

Any help is appreciated. THanks!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You were able to do this from the lock screen in iOS 6? I don't recall that...and just tried it with a 3GS running iOS 6.1.4 and can't seem to do that.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere in iOS7 that allows me to adjust the ringer volume using the Volume Up/Down buttons from the lock screen?

Before I go to bed I would like to make sure the ringer volume is turned up so I don't miss the alarm in the morning. In iOS6 I was able to adjust the ringer volume right from the lock screen; but it seems in iOS7 I must enter my password to go the main screen to make volume adjustments.

Any help is appreciated. THanks!

I was never able to adjust ringer volume from the lockscreen, on iOs 2-6..and still can't on 7.

Always had to unlock the phone.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
This is a bad idea because you might accidentally lower the ringer volume to zero while the phone is in your pocket or bag.

mrg964

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
Go to system settings
Go to sounds
Scroll to bottom
Unlock "lock sounds"

mrg964

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well that was a useful resurrection of an old thead. /s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.