PDA

View Full Version : No sound via MDP suddenly

eternlgladiator
Sep 25, 2013, 02:50 PM
Hey everyone. I use my MBA to watch media on my tv and for a long time have used a MDP to HDMI cable that has worked great with my 2010 macbook pro, 2012 mini and up until recently with my 2011 macbook air (specs in sig). All the sudden it won't play any sound. I see the option for my TV in sound settings and have tried messing around a bit to get things to work as occasionally connectivity hurts it but now it's been about a week or so nothing has changed. Any ideas?

keysofanxiety
Sep 25, 2013, 03:10 PM
Sorry if I'm mentioning things you've already covered.

-check the converter with your other Macs. If the issue persists with these, replace the MDP converter. It's all that can be the problem.
-check the output is set to the TV in System Preferences>Sound
-if the issue persists just on your MBA but sound works fine on other Macs, reset both the PRAM & SMC.
-if resetting the SMC/PRAM doesn't work, ensure all software is up-to-date, then have the unit serviced by Apple.

If you have any further queries, please quote this message so I'll get a notification. I'll be happy to help and I hope we can resolve your issue.

Best wishes.

eternlgladiator
Sep 25, 2013, 03:59 PM
Sorry if I'm mentioning things you've already covered.

-check the converter with your other Macs. If the issue persists with these, replace the MDP converter. It's all that can be the problem.
-check the output is set to the TV in System Preferences>Sound
-if the issue persists just on your MBA but sound works fine on other Macs, reset both the PRAM & SMC.
-if resetting the SMC/PRAM doesn't work, ensure all software is up-to-date, then have the unit serviced by Apple.

If you have any further queries, please quote this message so I'll get a notification. I'll be happy to help and I hope we can resolve your issue.

Best wishes.

Other macs are gone now. I've been swapping over the last year. I'll try the other things you mentioned. Thanks!

keysofanxiety
Sep 25, 2013, 05:27 PM
Other macs are gone now. I've been swapping over the last year. I'll try the other things you mentioned. Thanks!

Do you possibly have any friends who have Macs you can use? It's just so we can establish the issue isn't with the adapter.

eternlgladiator
Sep 25, 2013, 06:55 PM
Do you possibly have any friends who have Macs you can use? It's just so we can establish the issue isn't with the adapter.

I rebooted and reset pram and that did it. Thank you very much!