Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
So I was looking at information for the Surface 2 (I am an apple fan but always open to seeing what my other options are to make sure I don't make an electronic purchase blindly). On the Spec page for the new surface pro 2 I saw the battery time isn't listed. Is it going to be that bad!?!? :rolleyes:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...66734700?WT.mc_id=surface_preorder_surfacegen

No. It's going to be significantly better.

Let's take the MacBook Airs as example. They went from 5 hours for the 11" and 7 hours for the 13" to 7 and 9, respectively.

The previous Surface got about 4-5 hours. I would expect 6-7 hours from the new one, atleast. That's if the only change that Microsoft made regarding power usage is putting in the new Haswell processor and GPU. If they increased battery size, optimized drivers (which is likely because Windows 8 was brand new when the first generation came out), or used better technologies (more efficient screen technology for example), this prediction could very well be even better.

Who knows. I think the new Surface Pro could make for a very good device.

Maschil

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Mississippi
No. It's going to be significantly better.

Let's take the MacBook Airs as example. They went from 5 hours for the 11" and 7 hours for the 13" to 7 and 9, respectively.

The previous Surface got about 4-5 hours. I would expect 6-7 hours from the new one, atleast. That's if the only change that Microsoft made regarding power usage is putting in the new Haswell processor and GPU. If they increased battery size, optimized drivers (which is likely because Windows 8 was brand new when the first generation came out), or used better technologies (more efficient screen technology for example), this prediction could very well be even better.

Who knows. I think the new Surface Pro could make for a very good device.

well said i learned alot. thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.