Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duff31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Hi guys.

Just bought these on eBay for over $200. Didnt say anything about being fake so I assumed they were real but I am of course doubting myself now. If they are fake then I will have to get a refund through Paypal but they haven't even arrived yet. Not sure if you can tell by the box if they are real/fake...

34pyhhw.jpg

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I highly doubt someone on eBay would admit they were fake. Are there any "TM"s or other trademark logos on the box?

Edit: nevermind you don't have them yet so you wouldn't know :p

Are there any other pictures in the posting?

Pmpman

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2010
Check the quality of the Band (i.e. plastic or metal), how does it bend fold, check the Logo's on the ears, are they perfectly molded or do they seem cheap and somewhat out of place.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
Those are fake, I have a pair of blue Beats Studios, I know there are more than one model of Beats but those look like they're imitating the larger Studios. First off..the box doesn't say "Detox" on it at all or have any embedding.

Second, the headphones don't even look like that at all. Have you ever even seen a pair of Beats Studios in person? :eek:
The headband only has cushioning at the top, and plastic on the sides. The earmuffs are WAAYYY too big, mine actually have half that amount of cushioning. Sad, you can buy the actual first-gens new for $250. Or new Beats Solo HD's for the same price you got those.

duff31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Those are fake, I have a pair of blue Beats Studios, I know there are more than one model of Beats but those look like they're imitating the larger Studios. First off..the box doesn't say "Detox" on it at all or have any embedding.

Second the headphones don't even look like that at all. Have you ever even seen a pair of Beats Studios in person? :eek:
The headband only has cushioning at the top, and plastic on the sides. The earmuffs are WAAYYY too big, mine actually have half that amount of cushioning. Sad, you can buy the actually first-gens new for $250. Or new Beats Solo HD's for the same price you got those.

These aren't studio's..they are beats pro

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Never buy Beats off EBay. I wouldn't even buy otterbox cases or Morphie juice packs. I thought Amazon would be a safe place but they allow fake stuff as well.

iSIILENT

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2008
They most likely are real , there is a special edition detox version , google is your friend !!

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
When you get them email the company and confirm the serial number. This will tell you if they are real. Some of the fakes area really really good.

Link to ebay page?

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012

Second, the headphones don't even look like that at all. Have you ever even seen a pair of Beats Studios in person? :eek:
The headband only has cushioning at the top, and plastic on the sides. The earmuffs are WAAYYY too big, mine actually have half that amount of cushioning. Sad, you can buy the actual first-gens new for $250. Or new Beats Solo HD's for the same price you got those.

There are Detox Editions available.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
I can't tell from those pics, maybe they're legit or maybe they aren't. I'm just saying they don't look like any Beats I've seen.

I hear you. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion over the Detox Edition. Here is a link with pics from Amazon of the box as well as headphones:

Linky

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.