PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV HD Purchases download SD in itunes

bluestarCVO
Sep 26, 2013, 02:08 PM
Hello all! I'm trying to find out why all my HD purchases from the Apple TV only auto download into itunes the SD versions. For instance, I'll purchase an HD movie on the Apple TV right now, and later when I go to check iTunes on my computer, it has automatically downloaded the SD version into my library. Now I can manually go in and download the HD version to iTunes, but this is more trouble and is wasting bandwith downloading all purchases twice. I would like iTunes to auto download all HD versions. I do have prefer HD versions selected in iTunes already. Any ideas? Thanks.

markie606
Sep 29, 2013, 12:06 PM
Hello all! I'm trying to find out why all my HD purchases from the Apple TV only auto download into itunes the SD versions. For instance, I'll purchase an HD movie on the Apple TV right now, and later when I go to check iTunes on my computer, it has automatically downloaded the SD version into my library. Now I can manually go in and download the HD version to iTunes, but this is more trouble and is wasting bandwith downloading all purchases twice. I would like iTunes to auto download all HD versions. I do have prefer HD versions selected in iTunes already. Any ideas? Thanks.

On your Apple TV go into Settings, then iTunes Store, then Video Resolution. It is probably showing Standard Definition. Change it to 1080p HD

Mark

sliceoftoast
Sep 29, 2013, 09:26 PM
I hope this helps