Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Maybe I'm missing something which is why I'm asking.

But in notification center, I have two notifications that will NOT go away.

I know in the all section you can clear them. In missed they typically go away.

But I have one for "unable to send message" - which was true, but I went outside and resent it and it did go through. Then I tried clicking on it there and it won't go away.

There's also no x or clear, or anything.

Also- I have one for a missed call. I immediately called the person back, and then even clicked on the notification again, initiating another call.

Neither will go away.

So, unless I'm missing something, where would this go in apple bug reporter?

iOS SDK? It's not an SDK problem though. Don't see a normal iOS section.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Have you tried restarting the phone?

Fair enough, that worked lol. And that's always the first thing I tell people to do, just didn't think about it...

Still, it shouldn't require a restart to clear it out. What section would I file a report for this under?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Fair enough, that worked lol. And that's always the first thing I tell people to do, just didn't think about it...

Still, it shouldn't require a restart to clear it out. What section would I file a report for this under?
It shouldn't be required, it just seems for some people it works when it comes to this issue. Most people don't have this issue actually, as it's not how it should be working (the notifications get cleared out and/or have a clear/X button to clear them).

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I'm having this problem too. Does anybody know if this is a bug or if this is designed to work this way? A restart is the only thing that clears them.

Riverton

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
I'm having this problem too. Does anybody know if this is a bug or if this is designed to work this way? A restart is the only thing that clears them.

I'm guessing it's a bug. Apple wouldn't require us to restart our phones just to clear the "Missed" tab of NC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.