PDA

View Full Version : Good Baytrail (Windows) Tablets?

jamojamo
Sep 26, 2013, 04:10 PM
I am looking at purchasing a Windows device to run just a couple of programs and since the Surface Pro is more than I'd want to pay I am looking for a better alternative.

I will do some searching, but I know some of you here have Atom tablets now and I'd love to know which Baytrail ones you are looking forward to.

Thanks

tbayrgs
Sep 26, 2013, 05:38 PM
I am looking at purchasing a Windows device to run just a couple of programs and since the Surface Pro is more than I'd want to pay I am looking for a better alternative.

I will do some searching, but I know some of you here have Atom tablets now and I'd love to know which Baytrail ones you are looking forward to.

Thanks

I don't have one now but am considering purchasing one as well. The latest hybrid tablets announced by Asus look very promising. The Transformer Book T100 looks like a steal at $350. I'm especially intrigued by the Transformer Book Trio-dual boot both Windows 8.1 and Android Jelly bean. Unfortunately no release date or price yet on that one.

spinedoc77
Sep 26, 2013, 05:48 PM
Give it another month. Asus announced one, and a couple others have strong rumors out there, I think Dell showed one, but didn't talk much about specs.

I'm waiting for one with cellular capability. I have a thinkpad tablet 2, and would love to see what the thinkpad tablet 3 will be like.

jamojamo
Sep 26, 2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the inputs. Looks like a little bit more waiting is in order.

mclld
Sep 26, 2013, 10:38 PM
I'm especially intrigued by the Transformer Book Trio-dual boot both Windows 8.1 and Android Jelly bean. Unfortunately no release date or price yet on that one.

Wow I have never heard of this and looked it up, this is extremely interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4E-OJ_TTdo

strausd
Sep 27, 2013, 03:29 AM
I am most interested by the Asus Transformer Book T100. Looks fantastic.

8foKu6hOJSU