PDA

View Full Version : ATV 2 won't update

HipHopTrex
Sep 26, 2013, 06:24 PM
First off let me say it's jailbroken and at around 4.4.3? I think? Perhaps something like that. (I'm asking here because my thread on firecore got no responses)

I went to try and update it via seasonpass and seasonpass wouldn't detect it when I plugged it in. Tried iTunes as well and it wouldn't read it. So then I said ah screw it and tried updating, but I can't even update the jailbreak I have under the maintenance tab. Then I tried to update to the latest OS, and it just tells me I'm up to date?:confused: And then finally I tried factory reset as well under the settings and still no cigar. Says it can't be restored right now and to try again later.

Honestly, I'm lost. And since I switched macbooks I lost my shsh blobs as well.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys can offer.

donrsd
Sep 26, 2013, 08:42 PM
double post

----------

First off let me say it's jailbroken and at around 4.4.3? I think? Perhaps something like that. (I'm asking here because my thread on firecore got no responses)

I went to try and update it via seasonpass and seasonpass wouldn't detect it when I plugged it in. Tried iTunes as well and it wouldn't read it. So then I said ah screw it and tried updating, but I can't even update the jailbreak I have under the maintenance tab. Then I tried to update to the latest OS, and it just tells me I'm up to date?:confused: And then finally I tried factory reset as well under the settings and still no cigar. Says it can't be restored right now and to try again later.

Honestly, I'm lost. And since I switched macbooks I lost my shsh blobs as well.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys can offer.

You cant restore or upgrade via the Apple TV.

You HAVE TO connect to iTunes & restore.....which will give you the latest software & thus lose your jailbreak.

Check your PM

HipHopTrex
Sep 26, 2013, 09:39 PM
double post

----------

You cant restore or upgrade via the Apple TV.

You HAVE TO connect to iTunes & restore.....which will give you the latest software & thus lose your jailbreak.

Check your PM

The problem is that neither my MacBook Air, an older pro, or hell even an old PC can detect when it's connected. Nothing pops up in iTunes at all. Absolutely nothing.