PDA

View Full Version : Issues with 1 week old Air 128g 11 inch i5

macbrooke
Sep 27, 2013, 01:45 AM
Hey guys!!

I just bought a new air about a week ago for work purposes and I have noticed a few things, I love the form factor and the fast boot .. however sometimes when I am working my screen goes black and I have to do a restart to get it back?

Also tonight I went to access my iPhoto and all my albums were gone? and all the settings, I had customized on the computer were reset to factory? my email accounts were gone as well! it was prompting me to add new e-mail accounts?

Is it possible I have a defective unit? I have been having issues with the computer freezing as well and lagging when scrolling and I would restart it and it would be ok.. but I also figured this is not normal?

I have a 2007 macbook that runs better than my new air? is this defective? or is the SSD drive just glitchy?

Advice?

firedept
Sep 27, 2013, 02:25 AM
Make a Genius Bar appointment. Take it in and have it looked at. This is certainly not normal behavior. They should just exchange it for a new one since you say it is only about a week old.

calvol
Sep 27, 2013, 04:37 AM
There were some previous posts on the blank screen issue. May be a continuation of the same blinking screen issue with Intel's HD-4000 gpu in the 2012 Mini?

macbrooke
Sep 27, 2013, 01:42 PM
Also worth mentioning is that it has issues with the wifi as well, it always loses connection even when I am beside my router!

halledise
Sep 27, 2013, 05:03 PM
take it back for a replacement for sure :D

Boyd01
Sep 28, 2013, 07:01 AM
Something is definitely wrong. Have never seen any of these problems on my 2013 11" MBA after two months heavy use.