Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
I am liking the Power Support Air jacket on my gold iPhone. It provides good coverage without any large openings and is modest in size.

Attachments

• IMG_1063.png
    IMG_1063.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,000

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
And a few more angles

Attachments

• IMG_1056.png
    IMG_1056.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 477
  • IMG_1057.png
    IMG_1057.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 474
  • IMG_1058.png
    IMG_1058.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 580
  • IMG_1059.png
    IMG_1059.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1060.png
    IMG_1060.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 466

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
Very nice. I've had the clear PS Air Jacket on my 4S and my 5, and I've ordered a new one for my 5S. It's a very slim case but offers great protection as long as you're not completely reckless. I recently dropped my 5 on a concrete sidewalk from around waist height and the Air Jacket took the full damage and is still very much usable.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Veddy, veddy nice. I bought 2 of these a few days ago--1 for my wife's gold 5S and 1 for my space gray. Definitely looking forward to them--they look GREAT.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Love the way it looks. The only thing I don't like is that is a lil bit slippery. Especially when I'm at the gym. Other than that, I have no complaints. Great case and doesn't hide the design of the phone.

trevorplease

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
Nice

are the buttons hard to press like the in the fake power support thread they say it is hard to press.

how is the flash cut out?

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Does it have an indented lip at the top of the case so like if it fell glass first, the case would save the glass from touching the ground?

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
Nice

are the buttons hard to press like the in the fake power support thread they say it is hard to press.

how is the flash cut out?

The buttons are more difficult to push but remain useable. The flash cut out is fine; the black ring is supposed to eliminate the flare from the flash.

----------

Does it have an indented lip at the top of the case so like if it fell glass first, the case would save the glass from touching the ground?

There is a little lip on the sides but not top or bottom. The screen should be fine if the phone is face down on on a flat surface but dropping it at just the right angle might be a problem.

Last edited:

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
i bought this case and it is just too slippery for me. If anyone wants to buy it from me and pay postage lmk. I live in Los Angeles.

I think there is a new version that is more grippy. Here is what the website says about it.....

Now available in Power Support smooth rubber, this unique material provides device protection and a soft and silky yet grippable rubber. You have to feel it to believe it.

EricE

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I think there is a new version that is more grippy. Here is what the website says about it.....

Now available in Power Support smooth rubber, this unique material provides device protection and a soft and silky yet grippable rubber. You have to feel it to believe it.

EricE

hhmmm thanks i will check it out, i want it in the clear thought and not the white version.

i wiil look thanks for the info

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
That was taken fro the clear one description, that the one I ordered too.

EricE

Could you post the link ? I also had this clear and was way too slippery for me too ...let us know how it is when you get it . I wonder if they really updated this ?

Edit : nevermind found it

imalazeeass

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011

EricE

I am fairly certain that the grippable rubber they are referring to is only available for the black version, which is what I'm using right now. If you decide to use the clear or clear black, it will be in the slippery material.

To OP:
Speaking of the clear, how does yours hold up with scratches? I've only ever owned 1 clear case and it looked horrible after the day to day abuse.

kapalua12

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
United States
I am fairly certain that the grippable rubber they are referring to is only available for the black version, which is what I'm using right now. If you decide to use the clear or clear black, it will be in the slippery material.

Actually, on the Power Support website, it shows the clear version and the description describes that it is in fact the softer material and not slippery.
Just ordered one yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.