PDA

View Full Version : XBMC on Apple TV-increase buffer/cache?

MrMister111
Sep 27, 2013, 06:12 PM
When watching some streaming stuff always get stutter and buffering a lot.

Is there anyway to increase the buffer/cache on the Apple TV 2 when using XBMC?

Don't know too much about this so layman terms please! Or is there anything else I can do or check?

Thanks

lunaoso
Sep 27, 2013, 08:04 PM
You probably have bad network speeds from your ISP.

MrMister111
Sep 27, 2013, 08:05 PM
You probably have bad network speeds from your ISP.

I'm on 10Mbps now and everything else seems to work, iTunes movies from the cloud, netflix work fine though.

lunaoso
Sep 27, 2013, 08:11 PM
I'm on 10Mbps now and everything else seems to work, iTunes movies from the cloud, netflix work fine though.

So you're talking about streaming over your network from a computer or external drive? Maybe interference or a bad connection from your router to your Apple TV. How far away is the router from the Apple TV? Is there any concrete or bricks in between the two?

MrMister111
Sep 27, 2013, 08:13 PM
It's over t'internet sorry. Not from my network.

Is there anyway to increase the buffer/cache on XBMC on Apple TV 2?

lunaoso
Sep 27, 2013, 08:22 PM
It's over t'internet sorry. Not from my network.

Is there anyway to increase the buffer/cache on XBMC on Apple TV 2?

Well the cache is based on the storage in the Apple TV (8 GB) not sure how much XBMC uses of that however. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help. :o

MrMister111
Sep 27, 2013, 08:24 PM
Well the cache is based on the storage in the Apple TV (8 GB) not sure how much XBMC uses of that however. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help. :o

No probs, I realise its small as it's got no HDD but was hoping maybe a setting in XBMC but I can't seem to find one

rhino89
Oct 7, 2013, 10:46 PM
I would suggest SSH-ing an advanced settings XML file that changes the cache settings. If what I said makes absolutely no sense, google "Xbmc advanced settings XML Apple TV" and you'll find what you need. There is a whole other separate forum, XBMCHUB, that is a community of xbmc users across all sorts of platforms, including Apple tv.