PDA

View Full Version : Bought 2 2013 13 AIR 256 both have LG screens :(

BigB82
Sep 27, 2013, 08:19 PM
I had a 2011 13 base air with LG screen apple sent it out and got the screen replaced, in the mean time I bought two open box 2013 macbook air 256gb 4gb models at best buy, both ended up having LG screen and even after configuration it looks horrible the whites comparatively between the three air's have a yellow tint on both the LG screen.

Should I take it to apple genius or ask apple store to change it or what?

Oui
Sep 27, 2013, 08:30 PM
Search for the custom profile on here. Apply it and you will be happy. I think the LG screen actually looks more accurate when this profile is applied.
Actually here is the link http://theultralinx.com/2013/03/macbook-air-hack-screen.html

Y So Jelly
Sep 27, 2013, 08:44 PM
I had a 2011 13 base air with LG screen apple sent it out and got the screen replaced, in the mean time I bought two open box 2013 macbook air 256gb 4gb models at best buy, both ended up having LG screen and even after configuration it looks horrible the whites comparatively between the three air's have a yellow tint on both the LG screen.

Should I take it to apple genius or ask apple store to change it or what?

Why do you think they were open box..? :D

sjinsjca
Sep 27, 2013, 09:10 PM
OP, check out Oui's link. You might end up being very happy.

The yellow tint has also been reported in very new units of various models; apparently it dissipates with time.

If you can get the color balance the way you want and there are no other defects like image retention, you can take pride in having a display made by LG rather than the detestable copycat scum company whose name I won't mention.

BigB82
Sep 28, 2013, 12:23 PM
If that's the same custom profile from the other thread I loaded it on one of the two LG it looked better but still yellowish on white background