Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
How do I manually add peoples Facebook in contacts? You can for Twitter by putting their @ name and it opens the Twitter app. Help!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
that doesnt work. ive tried that. the only way is to go into the FB settings and have it "update contacts". that allows your facebook to attempt to match names with profiles in your friends list. sometimes, it goes horribly wrong and matches totally wrong people, and sometimes random ones. i suggest NOT doing this. i did it a few times and had to correct each name it messed up manually. all it does it put their name into the linked section, if you click on it, it opens up their profile. theres no way to manually add it. ive tried doing it by web address, profile ID and by name. it can only be done by the method i described but its hit or miss.

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Facebook in Contacts

Okay what information do I put in?

that doesnt work. ive tried that. the only way is to go into the FB settings and have it "update contacts". that allows your facebook to attempt to match names with profiles in your friends list. sometimes, it goes horribly wrong and matches totally wrong people, and sometimes random ones. i suggest NOT doing this. i did it a few times and had to correct each name it messed up manually. all it does it put their name into the linked section, if you click on it, it opens up their profile. theres no way to manually add it. ive tried doing it by web address, profile ID and by name. it can only be done by the method i described but its hit or miss.

It works. I just confirmed it by manually entering in the Facebook username. Which is http://www.facebook.com/username.

Just enter that username in to the social profile field. Make sure Facebook is selected and you're good to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.