Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
I have had my ibook 3 months, and now it won't read any cd's ( i have tried about 30, including new ones blank ones, software discs, music discs etc) BUT it will read dvd's just fine??????? It's almost like the read laser for the cd is gone but the read laser for the DVD is fine.

Any ideas (apart from taking it to a service centre which i can't do for another week)?
cheers

londonweb

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2005
london
I had the same thing in reverse with my ibook- it would read cds but not dvds. I tore my hair out at the time but there's not much you can do unfortunately. It's probably going to have to be replaced.:(

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
mcmadhatter said:
I have had my ibook 3 months, and now it won't read any cd's ( i have tried about 30, including new ones blank ones, software discs, music discs etc) BUT it will read dvd's just fine??????? It's almost like the read laser for the cd is gone but the read laser for the DVD is fine.

Any ideas (apart from taking it to a service centre which i can't do for another week)?
cheers

My SuperDrive does that, too. The only thing I can do is to replace the drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.