Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexjohnson

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Upgraded to DP8 on a Mac mini I use as an HTPC and I no longer get audio out through HDMI. Tried booting with the cable unplugged (per the external monitor bug earlier in the release cycle) but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Anyone else notice this, and is there a hack to get it to work without resorting to analog cables?

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
Thanks for the suggestion but no dice. I see there's an issue with 10.8.5 that looks similar.

Yeah, I've seen some threads here regarding the same thing as well. I suggested to them the same I did you, for some it worked and others no dice.

If I figure anything else out that may be of help I'll let you know.

- Kyle

Edit: Have you tried a NVRAM/PRAM reset? If you don't already know how, here are the instructions on how to do so.

alexjohnson

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Yeah, I've seen some threads here regarding the same thing as well. I suggested to them the same I did you, for some it worked and others no dice.

If I figure anything else out that may be of help I'll let you know.

- Kyle

Edit: Have you tried a NVRAM/PRAM reset? If you don't already know how, here are the instructions on how to do so.

One of the earlier things I tried, unfortunately…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.