Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
Anyone seem to be having bugs that the majority are not having? Most of my family has IOS 7 on 5s, 4S, 4, iPads, etc. No one but me has this bug:

On my 5, about 1 out of 15 times, after I have left an app to the home screen, swiping to the left to get to the second home page will activate the spotlight search. Restored as new, etc. same thing. No one else I have talked to or seen has had this issue. Strange. Hardware related?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Anyone seem to be having bugs that the majority are not having? Most of my family has IOS 7 on 5s, 4S, 4, iPads, etc. No one but me has this bug:

On my 5, about 1 out of 15 times, after I have left an app to the home screen, swiping to the left to get to the second home page will activate the spotlight search. Restored as new, etc. same thing. No one else I have talked to or seen has had this issue. Strange. Hardware related?

If you swipe with an up/down motion, or a more diagonal motion, you'll activate spotlight. I'm going to guess you're swiping with somewhat diagonal motion, even if unintentional.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
If you swipe with an up/down motion, or a more diagonal motion, you'll activate spotlight. I'm going to guess you're swiping with somewhat diagonal motion, even if unintentional.

It would seem that way but that's not what's happening. Swiping perfectly horizontal as it's happened while trying to recreate the glitch, so I was being very accurate.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Just upgraded my iPad Mini to 7.0.3 - I'm noticing that the black keyboard, when pulling down Spotlight, does not have transparency. Is this a bug, or intentional? If done on purpose, I'm guessing it's because of the keyboard lagging.

Here's what I'm talking about. Everything's fine across the entire UI except for Spotlight.

7eta8yty.jpg

ga5a7umy.jpg

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Perfectly ok. If you think about it, on some backgrounds, a translucent keyboard would not necessarily be the most legible. This would no doubt give rise to yet another load of moans such as "I can't see my keyboard clearly!" :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.