Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DucMike

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Sacramento-area, CA
Given that non-OE plugs & such that worked with the iP5 seem to be (or so I've been reading) coming back as "item incompatible with iPhone" or something along those lines. Does anyone know if I'm going to get the same message with an alarmclock base like the one from Gear4 or iHome? I had one of the Halo2's for my old 4s & really liked it. I'd like to get a Halo3 with the Lightning plug but I don't want to order one in if it ain't gonna work with my new phone.

Last edited:

DucMike

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Sacramento-area, CA
Well disregard this one. Looks like it shouldn't be a problem. Found this on one web site;
"Both the AlarmDock Halo 3 and StreetParty 5 portable speaker dock are also Apple ‘Made for iPod, iPhone’ certified." I assume this means I won't have any issues when I plug mine on. Hopefully...

DucMike

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Sacramento-area, CA
So, I finally got my Halo 3 dock & was noticing some issues between it & my old (30-pin) Halo 2. Instead of using Gear4's SmartLink app, the new one requires the use of their SoundHive app, which has some noticable differences. With the old app, the phone would remain lit on the app screen until I either pulled it off the dock, or actually closed it myself*. The new one will shut off the screen in my normal timeframe (currently set at 3 minutes). I'm sure this wouldn't be an issue with the older iPhone 5, but I'm using an i5S on mine & with the print sensor, it takes more effort to turn it on. I've noticed that it also seems to be skewed towards UK radio stations in both the listings as well as the frequencies.
13105-pg807_halo3_003_pd.jpg

Has anyone else had any experiences with this dock as of yet? I really liked my old one & was honestly hoping it would be a smooth transition into the new dock. :confused:

*occasional glitches would close it itself, playing all holy hell with my alarms. :mad:

DucMike

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Sacramento-area, CA
So, I finally got my Halo 3 dock & was noticing some issues between it & my old (30-pin) Halo 2. Instead of using Gear4's SmartLink app, the new one requires the use of their SoundHive app, which has some noticable differences. With the old app, the phone would remain lit on the app screen until I either pulled it off the dock, or actually closed it myself*. The new one will shut off the screen in my normal timeframe (currently set at 3 minutes). I'm sure this wouldn't be an issue with the older iPhone 5, but I'm using an i5S on mine & with the print sensor, it takes more effort to turn it on. I've noticed that it also seems to be skewed towards UK radio stations in both the listings as well as the frequencies.

Has anyone else had any experiences with this dock as of yet? I really liked my old one & was honestly hoping it would be a smooth transition into the new dock. :confused:

*occasional glitches would close it itself, playing all holy hell with my alarms. :mad:

And for reference, I went from this
BE599326-79DB-4AF2-8DE7-05084F64EE35_zps8aezmfdp.jpg

to this
03972E2F-D1E7-41E8-8768-3ED32A721850_zpsk0ai8hs8.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.