Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lezer23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Hey guys, I recently posted under Mac Software that I was having a problem which symptoms included a meadly of Kernel Panics, simple freezing, and blacktext sprwaled down the screen. After much troubleshooting and help from all you fellow macrumors members, it seemed my only hope was to bring my Powerbook G4 15" to my local Apple retail store. The Genius suspected a logic board replacement was in check, and I concurred. I recieved my powerbook back in a mere 5 days, but was suprised to find that the lower RAM chip was replaced (the one that cannot be self removed) as well as the left and right "clutch assemblies." The new RAM stick has completely resolved my Kernel Panic issue, however, since I recieved my latop back, I have expireinced two "cold freezes" and one instance of black text comiing down the screen. I am positive this is hardware because I have taken all steps to ensure that it is not software. What puzzles me, though, is why the techs in TX did not diagnose and fix this problem while they were fixing the Kernel Panic Issue. If this helps at all, the cold freeze usually (in the two times it has at least) occurs when the computer is idle, and I leave it alone for a few minutes. However, the black text happened to me when PowerPoint had to "unexpectedly quit". Please give your input so I can have my Powerbook once again working, and not feel that my swtich to macs was a wrong decision. :D :mad:

Thanks!

lezer23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
iGary said:
That's what you get for using M$ software.

Just kidding.

Give them one more chance.

How old is the PB?

2 fricken months! Can you believe that, I already have dead RAM and Kernel Panics, and stuff that I dont even know is going on!?!?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
lezer23 said:
2 fricken months! Can you believe that, I already have dead RAM and Kernel Panics, and stuff that I dont even know is going on!?!?

I'd take it back one more time, get them to rush it, and then starting working options for replacement.

lezer23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
iGary said:
I'd take it back one more time, get them to rush it, and then starting working options for replacement.

Is there an AppleCare "lemon policy." For example, if my computer keeps doing this, can thry just deem it a "lemon" and they give me a brand new one?

And is there any steps that I can do on my own short of taking it to a store?

THanks

lezer23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
well, my computer has just Kernel Panic ed. I am furious with Apple. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.