Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Last night certain Apps vanished from my home screen and when I went to download them from the App Store again it just stated 'Open' despite the App not being on my iPhone.

I went to Settings and deleted the App that way and then went back to the App Store, re-download the App and when the app was almost complete the App vanished again and took me to my home screen.

This was very frustrating and I had to restore my 5S and back-up (without 80% of my apps) and reinstate from iCloud back-up.

Is there a reason why this happened and on another note the battery on my 5s is horrendous (2nd replacement).

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Someone else may have better advice but I would try restoring and setting up as new. Don't restore from backup. Try to download the apps that are being affected.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Last night certain Apps vanished from my home screen and when I went to download them from the App Store again it just stated 'Open' despite the App not being on my iPhone.

I went to Settings and deleted the App that way and then went back to the App Store, re-download the App and when the app was almost complete the App vanished again and took me to my home screen.

This was very frustrating and I had to restore my 5S and back-up (without 80% of my apps) and reinstate from iCloud back-up.

Is there a reason why this happened and on another note the battery on my 5s is horrendous (2nd replacement).

In the betas when that happened a hard reboot would solve it. I would try that but if you continue to have strange issues restore the device in iTunes , restore your backup. If the backup is from a previous iOS then "reset all settings" after you restore it and go back through your settings to get them like you want. That also helps with battery issues at times as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.