Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterBigMack

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2012
I have been searching high and low the last couple of days for a new dock with the new lightning adaptor on it

To be fair my price range is about £50-£80 so don't want to spend a massive amount.

The JBL onbeat micro I think it's called looks decent, can anyone recommend me that?

Also I hope someone understands this what I'm on about, I looked at a sony radio DAB one the one other day in a retail shop and when I popped my iphone in it asked to me to download some software to use the dock and looking it seems to use the dock for music I have to play it through this sony application which looking at reviews doesn't even support ios 7 yet!

So are there any that you just pop the iphone in and play as normal through the music app?

Thanks a lot

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
The HiRise dock from 12 south looks awesome, considering getting it from amazon if my knock off cable from ebay fits with my leather case on. The seller claims it can charge and sync 5/5S..

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I just jumped on the kickstarter for Everdock. It looks pretty sweet, and I'm pretty sure they're the first to offer a dual lightning dock, which is what I've been looking for since the iPhone 5.

EverDock-home.jpg

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
The JBL onbeat micro I think it's called looks decent, can anyone recommend me that?
If I was shopping for a speaker dock the sound would matter more than the looks. Have you listened to any or does sound quality not matter? You really need to tell us what your preferences and priorities are for recommendations on any topic. The budget helps (many omit this as well when asking for recommendations) but give us some more criteria to work with.

Also I hope someone understands this what I'm on about, I looked at a sony radio DAB one the one other day in a retail shop and when I popped my iphone in it asked to me to download some software to use the dock and looking it seems to use the dock for music I have to play it through this sony application which looking at reviews doesn't even support ios 7 yet!
I think you need to do some more research on this. The app is optional and adds the following functionality (you can research this stuff online yourself):
  • D-Sappli includes three timer functions: Music Play Timer, Sleep Timer and Alarm. The Music Play Timer allows you to play/pause desired music at a desired time. The Sleep Timer allows you to specify a time at which the music playback will stop. The Alarm includes a repeat function and snooze function. You can select iPod or a preset sound as the sound source. These three functions work in combination with the power supply of the unit.
  • D-Sappli also includes a clock display enlarge feature.
  • The Sound EQ function allows you to create your own equalizer settings. You can select equalizer presets, or customize settings to your taste. This function is available only when an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad is set on the Docking Tray

...and you can disable the prompt to download the app on docking.

So are there any that you just pop the iphone in and play as normal through the music app?
Most, if not all, speaker docks are like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?
I just jumped on the kickstarter for Everdock. It looks pretty sweet, and I'm pretty sure they're the first to offer a dual lightning dock, which is what I've been looking for since the iPhone 5.

I might jump on this. Looks really nice. I said I might because theres still this, but for twice the price.

e56ca93a69cedb40e205c05658c68cb7.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.