Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J0shyGill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Hi There,

Tonight I synced all my photos from my Macbook Pro to my iPad and noticed when looking through my iPhoto events on my iPad there are photo events which have appeared which are not visible on my iPhoto on my Macbook. I noticed them because they were single photo's not sorted by an event name (I name all my events) but just by the date... it then came to me that these are all old photos and iMessage photo attachments which I have deleted or removed months ago.

Where does iTunes query or pull these files from? Im sure there is a hidden cache or folder somewhere which I need to locate and delete the photos permanently? I have attempted to locate these files in finder so I can do so but there are so many crazy named subfolders and files within iPhoto (show package contents section).

I guess when you delete an iMessage or another application file like Viber or WhatsApp with attachments it doesn't actually permanently delete? I found the iMessage files but couldn't find the attachments in finder?

Any help would be great... thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.