Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mary H

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Canada
Hi,

I am about to burn a DVD of a friend's wedding. I have no idea whether the DVD player they will be using is old or new, although I suspect new within the past 3 years. I discovered I was out of recordable DVDs and when I went to pick up some more, because of my remote location, my options were limited. However, of the single brand, there were DVD-R and DVD+R. I picked up a packet of both since I wasn't sure what the difference was. I will be using iDVD to burn the movie. The movie has been created in FCE 4.

Which format should I use?

I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X, V 10.6.8
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-898

Thanks, Mary

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Here is a good article on the differences of the two types of DVD's. There are 3 small pages to the article which should help you decide.

I just read through that. Typically I use DVD-R because I always found they worked when I started using them in the late 90's with everything and sometimes people couldn't play my DVD+R's so I never really looked back. It's nice to actually see what the real differences are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.