Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burgerking2

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Now that most of us have had a week or two to play with the new IOS 7, it'd be good to hear your opinions about the good and the bad.

Some love it all (as Apple has never done any wrong), some hate it all (and are starting a movement ;)), but I think most of us are somewhere in between.

What features got better in this version? What got worse?

* WHAT ARE YOU TOP 5 FOR EACH? *

Here's mine, in no particular order:

MY PHONE MODEL: iPhone 5

GOOD:

1) The ability to go forward and back easily in Email and Safari by swiping forward and back

2) I like the idea of Control Panel - however would prefer to customize it for items I use frequently (I never use Bluetooth or Do Not Disturb)

3) Photos - we can finally see the date range the photo was taken (however, cannot see the exact date an individual photo was taken - why won't Apple let us see this info??)

4) Airdrop - finally can share photos and videos easily with others in the room

5) New security feature to help prevent theft with Activation Lock, which now requires the Apple ID

BAD:

1) Animations - the app zooming animation when unlocking and opening/closing apps give me headaches

2) Calendar app - no summary of each day when in month-view, as it was in IOS 6

3) Bad color choices that affects readability - for example, in Messages, the white text on the neon green bubble is difficult to read. Or in Voicemail, the "Speaker" on/off is very hard to see.

4) When answering phone calls, I don't want to see the REMIND and MESSAGE options, as I never use them - prefer them hidden. I only want to see ANSWER and DECLINE prominently.

5) Camera burst mode - I much prefer the old method of taking 1 photo at a time that's in focus, which is my need 99% of the time. Only 1% of the time would I need a burst feature, so I really wish this were an optional setting, just like HDR.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.