Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjay80

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
I am a newbie here....
I would like to install Window 7 on my 2013 MBA 13inch, base model(128gb, 4gb ram).
Which would you recommend?
I will be doing ms office mainly, a bit of adobe photoshop, and few window programs that dont require high specs...
Thank you!

Last edited:

Suspended
Mar 15, 2013
I am a newbie here....
I would like to install Window 7 on my 2013 MBA 13inch, base model(128gb, 4gb ram).
I will be doing ms office mainly, a bit of adobe photoshop, and few window programs that dont require high specs...
Thank you!

VM should be fine, but with 4GB RAM, you'll probably struggle.

I'm not sure about Photoshop in a VM, but I'm sure it'll perform a lot better in bootcamp. (Sharing 4GB with both OS X and Windows 7 in a VM isn't ideal.)

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I am a newbie here....
Thank you!

Why wouldn't you just use PS and Office for Mac, or just buy a PC if you really need the PC for primary operational need?

----------

VM should be fine, but with 4GB RAM, you'll probably struggle.

4GB of ram is fine for photoshop and office. Many people are running on junk PCs with 2gb ram.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.