Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
So, after updating my Apple TV, it pulls an amazing 17 photos from my Photo Stream. That's it. 17. There are 1000 photos in my photo stream, and the Apple TV has 17. What's going on? I've left it sitting there thinking that maybe it needed to refresh or download them or whatever. Alas, here I sit with 17 photos. What gives?

jaisonline

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012
So, after updating my Apple TV, it pulls an amazing 17 photos from my Photo Stream. That's it. 17. There are 1000 photos in my photo stream, and the Apple TV has 17. What's going on? I've left it sitting there thinking that maybe it needed to refresh or download them or whatever. Alas, here I sit with 17 photos. What gives?

did you try to go through the photostream options again in the settings menus? i needed to do this on my 3 apple tvs.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I have. I completely signed out of iCloud and back in thinking it would trigger them to download. Nothing. It takes the same 17 photos, and they aren't even the 17 most recent.

andrewzz

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2012
AppleTV update sux

I noticed quite a few other glitches in other areas. On top of that my installation crashed and had to wipe the flash drive, so had to enter all passwords again. This last update is a bomb. My guess is they rushed it out the door to support iRadio, which sucks btw. Very disappointed with the quality of this update. Now I'm afraid to update again if one will happen.

Other glitches: screensaver picked wasn't shown, flickr photo imports get scrambled or not cleared, this morning a movie rental I picked yesterday hasn't shown up on the list until I restarted the box, etc etc.

oldareyour

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2013
well.It takes the same 17 photos, and they aren't even the 17 most recent. thanks
gFR

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Well at least I'm not the only person this happens too--at least I have to say the few pics ATV decides to use of my photo stream are pretty good ones.

iArch

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
All Over
Yep, you guys aren't alone. Two ATVs in our home and neither has ever reliably displayed up to date Photostream pics.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Mine is near instant to the point it can be annoying. Take 4 photos trying to get a good shot and I'm seeing 3 on the AppleTV that I didn't want.

My problem is it won't remove all the photos I delete from my photostream. So those 3 I didn't want if I delete them from my phone 2 of them will stay on the AppleTV. I have to manually delete them in the AppleTV. It's weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.